Salem N.Parvathiammal Memorial Women’s Hostel was constructed through the aids from UGC and Management in the year 2011. The prime motive is to primarily cater to the needs of the Women students from economical backward students. Other women students are also allowed to utilize this facility.
The Women’s Hostel is built with one plus two floors inside the campus. Each floor has 14 rooms, two toilets on the either end of the floors. The living experience is redefined by CCTV Cameras, both Indian and Western closets, two fans in each room, with a backup Generator and security staff round the clock. The Hostel warden strictly abides by the rules and regulations in vogue.
Rules & Regulations
- The students of the S.I.V.E.T. College are alone considered for admission to the hostel.
- Students are admitted to the hostel only after their admission into the college.
- A student seeking admission shall submit an application in the prescribed form which can be obtained from the hostel office on payment of Rs.100/-.
- The application should be complete with all relevant details including the correct address of the parent/guardian with postal pincode & phone no., e-mail i.d., fax etc.
- The application should contain the address of local guardian, whom the authorities will contact if necessary.
- The applicant should sign a declaration agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations of the hostel and other instruction that shall be issued by the authorities from time to time. The declaration shall be countersigned by the Parent/guardian.
- One recent passport size photograph of the applicant should be affixed on the application form and one stamp size photograph to be submitted for identity card.
- On intimation from the Deputy Warden, the applicant should appear for an interview before her, along with her parent / guardian.
- The applicant should produce at the time of admission either the college fee receipt or a bonafide certificate issued by the college The Deputy Warden may entertain or reject the application for admission depending on the merit of the candidate.
- Admission will automatically lapse, if the applicant fails to pay the hostel fee with in the time notified.
- On payment of the hostel fee, an identity card will be issued to the boarder, which she should produce on demand.
- Re-admission is not, however, guaranteed as a matter of routine. The authorities have the right to grant or deny re-admission depending on the conduct and behaviour of the inmate during the previous years.
- HOSTEL FEE STRUCTURE PER YEAR:
|MESS:||Based on menu|
|Mess Fee||Rs.75/- per day|
- On admission a boarder shall pay the full term fee along with the deposit.
- The caution deposit paid by the boarder will not be adjusted towards the mess fee charges. This will be refunded only when she vacates the hostels.
- No deduction or refund will be allowed in the establishment fee for any type of absence or vacating in the middle.
- On no account reduction in the mess bill shall be made.
- The mess bill which is put up on the 5th of every month and should be paid within ten days.
- The last date for payment of the mess is 15th of the respective month. A fine of Rs.5/- per day will be collected after the due date.
- If a student stays less than 15 days in the hostel, she will have to pay a daily rate of Rs.50/- per day.
- Parents are kindly requested to send the amount towards the mess bill by 10th of every month. They need not expect their daughter to inform them about the payment.
- In the month of April daily rates of Rs.50/- will be charged per day & service charge of Rs.200/-
- The boarders must make their own arrangement for payment of their dues irrespective of their SOCIO-ECONOMIC status.
All payment of Hostel Fees & Mess bills are payable in the Indian Bank counter of Rajakilpakkam Branch.
- On admission, the applicants will be allotted rooms by the Deputy Warden which should not be exchanged on any account. The Deputy Warden may however consider the request of boarder for a change of room only on valid grounds.
- The authorities reserve the right to ask an inmate to shift to another room without assigning any reason.
- Each boarder will be provided with a cot, a table, a chair and a cupboard with door. The furniture shall not be removed from one room to another under any circumstances.
- No boarder is allowed to use any other electrical appliances such as Tape Recorder, Table Fans, Electric Iron, Computer, Heater, Mobile etc. without prior permission from the Deputy Warden.
- Inmates found guilty of using extra electrical appliances without prior permission will be fined heavily.
- Students must bring their own mattresses, plates, tumblers, buckets and mugs.
- Boarders are expected to switch off lights, fans etc. before leaving the rooms failing which they will be penalized.
- They are expected keep of the furniture and other fittings provided to them for a good.
- The rooms should be kept neat and tidy.
- The inmates are instructed to ensure safety of their personal belongings in the room. The hostel authorities are in no way responsible for any money or valuables lost by them.
- They are not normally permitted to stay in the hostel during terminal holidays.
- All boardees shall vacate the hostel within 24 hours after the last examination.
- Students are permitted to receive only authorized visitors as per list submitted by their parents or guardians on Wednesday between 3.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. (Day College Students), 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 Noon (Evening College Students) and 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Permission to go out should be obtained from the Deputy Warden. The movement register should be filled in before leaving the hostel and immediately after their return. Students are expected to return to the hostel not later than 6.00 p.m. unless permitted to stay out late for special reasons. Violation of the rule will entail the loss of future outings. Students will be permitted to go out of Chennai only if an earlier written request is sent by the parents to the Principal.
- No student shall absent herself from the hostel for the night without the prior permission of the Deputy Warden.
- Students will be permitted to visit only those persons authorized by their parents or guardian on Sundays and Holidays.
- If students go to places other than mentioned on their leave slips or receive unauthorised visitors, it will be treated as a serious breach of hostel discipline and will result in expulsion from the hostel.
- Students are permitted to spend only two week ends in month away from the Hostel either with their parents or families authorized by the parents. Students must return to the hostel on Monday before 8.00 a.m. after the week-end.
- A student who wishes to spend her vacation at any place other than her home should obtain a written sanction to do so from her parents or guardian.
- Cases of illness should be reported immediately to the deputy warden. The college doctor will be available for consultation.
- Students shall not absent herself from the classes without prior permission of the deputy warden.
- A student is expected to clear all the dues before she leaves the Hostel.
- Relatives can be instructed not to trouble the wards except on visitors day unless it is extremely urgent.
- Students will not be allowed to take up any job during their stay in the hostel.
No guest will be permitted to stay in the room or dine in the mess under any circumstances.Leave on Absence
- No boarder shall absent herself from the hostel without having obtained prior permission from the Deputy Warden. Leave letter to be submitted to Dy.Warden.
- Leave letter submitted at the time of departure of the boarder from the hostel will not be accepted except on genuine reasons.
- No leave of absence for weekends and short holidays will be granted without a written consent of the parent or guardian.
- Extension of leave, if any, should be intimated to the Deputy Warden by post in advance.
- Leave letter submitted after availing of the leave will be summarily rejected.
- Boarder should report in person to the Dy.Warden/Mess Supervisor before departure from the hostel on leave or holidays.
- The study hours are as follows:
|Workings Days :||5.30 a.m. to 7.00 a.m.|
| ||6.00 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.|
| ||9.00 p.m to 10.30 a.m.|
| ||10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.|
- Perfect silence must be maintained during the study hours.
- Boarders should strictly adhere to the study hours and concentrate in studies.
- All the boarders are expected to be in their rooms by 9.00 p.m. in the night, unless specially permitted by the Deputy Warden or the Mess Supervisor.
- Roll call shall be taken every day.
- Absence during roll call shall be considered as a serious violation of rules and may warrant dismissal from hostel if repeated inspite of warning.
- No boarder shall leave the hostel after 8.30 p.m. or stay away during nights without prior permission of the Deputy Warden or Mess Supervisor.
- Those who obtain perior permission to return late to the hostel should get a “Permission Pass” from the Deputy Warden or Mess Supervisor to be produced to the Security on return, and also sign in the Register available with night Security.
- Boarders who return late without permission pass should write their name, room number, the date and time of arrival and sign the Register kept with the security.
- In case of absolute necessity, the boarders may go out after obtaining permission from Dy.Warden or Mess Supervisor and shall report to her on return.
- Permission to stay outside over night will not be granted.
- There is a common hall in the hostel which is conveniently spacious to conduct, literary debates and meetings.
- The common hall is provided with a Colour Television set. The programmes may be viewed by the boarders in the evening from 7.30 – 9.00 p.m. Sundays – 10.00 – 11.00, 1.00 - 2.00, 4.00 – 9.00, Saturdays – 5.30 – 9.00 p.m.
- Newspapers and news magazines shouldnot be taken out of the reading room.
- The working hours of the reading room shall be between 6.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m. everyday.
- The hostel has facilities for the following games, chess, caroms, shuttle cock.
- All the indoor games will be played only in the common hall.
- All games will be played from 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. on all working days and from 7.30 a.m. to 9 a.m. on holidays.
- The authorities have the right to suspend or dismiss a boarder for violation of the rules.
- They also reserve the right to remove any boarder without assigning any reason.
- Suspension or dismissal of a student from the college will entail automatic suspension or dismissal from the hostel too.
- Any boarder desiring to leave the hostel during the year should inform Deputy Warden in writing atleast a week in advance and get her approval.
- When the boarder vacates the hostel, she should inform the Dy.Warden to verify the condition of furniture electrical fittings and other things entrusted to her.
- Before vacating the hostel she should clear all dues and the cost of damage, if any. The identity card should be surrendered before leaving the hostel.
- Day scholars are not allowed in the hostel.
- The boarders should not be found in their rooms during class hours unless they are sick and that too with the prior permission of the Deputy Warden. Violation of this rule will be severely dealt with.
- Boarders are always expected to be formally dressed in the hostel.
- “Ragging” in any form is strictly prohibited. It is a crime, punishable under law. Severe disciplinary action will be taken.
- The hostel phone can be used except during study and class hours. Those boarders who misuse the phone will be prohibited from using it for the rest of the term.
- Misuse of any amenity by a boarder will entail the withdrawal of such amenity.
- Any damage to hostel property like furniture, electrical fittings, sanitary wares, plumbing fittings, utensils, disfiguring the wall, doors, windows etc. are considered violation of discipline and if the inmates are proved guilty, shall pay the cost for the damage. It will be open to the authorities of the Hostel to recover the cost of the damages from all the boarders collectively. The decision of the Deputy Warden in the matter will be final.
- Boarders shall not put up any notice or write or affix anything on walls or doors.
- Boarders are strictly warned not to use cells phones. A fine of Rs.500/- will be charged for using mobile phone.
- Students must return to the hostel on the evening prior to the reopening of the college each term.
- In matters relating to the internal managmenet and matters affecting the discipline, rules and regulations of the hostel, the decision of the principal shall be considered final.
- Outing Timings will be announced by the Deputy Warden on Sundays.
- Boarders shall not convene meetings or collect funds or have parties of any sort, under any circumstances without obtaining the permission from the Deputy Warden.
- Misconduct of any kind and breach of any of the Hostel rules and regulations is liable for fine or suspension or even removal from hostel. It will be open to the Deputy Warden to expel such boarders within 24 hours notice.
- It shall be open to the Hostel authorities to amend or modify or add to the above rules, if necessary.